Orange spice soap, also known as Christmas Spice soap, was one of the top ten bars at the store. The essential oils, especially the cinnamon and cloves essential oils, had a long lasting scent. The other popular and traditional Christmas scents are nutmeg and ginger, yet the cinnamon and cloves along with the orange scent make for a nice scent blend.
Orange spice soap recipe, aka Christmas Spice
- Basic #2 recipe: (other base recipes here)
51.2 oz Olive/Canola blended oils
6.2 oz Coconut oil
6.2 oz Palm oil
23.4 oz water
8.6 oz lye crystals
- for this scented bar, add:
- 3.5 T of orange essential oil
- 1/2 T of cinnamon leaf essential oil
- 1/2 T of clove essential oil
- for coloring:
- 1/2 tsp orange color for base
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder for swirl
- Remember to mix the base color in one cup of base, mix well, and add back in
- put cocoa powder in one cup of base, mix well
- after soap is poured into mold, drizzle and gently stir in.
As a Christmas Soap, this scented bar was the 2nd best seller. First was the Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh (link here), and third was Candy Cane, (link here) which was peppermint. My soaps in the image below:
Here is another great way to make your Orange Spice soap, a nice solid dark orange color. This darker color represents the orange with the darker spice colors: (label is nice and simple too)
Another version of an Orange Spice soap below. The tint is more like orange juice which is great, then with a small layer of brown to represent the dark spice scents:
If youwant to get really awesome, here is a 3 tone, 3 layered version. This has the addition of oatmeal to the base, 3 differently tinted layers, a sprinkling of spices, and the placement of a dried orange slice. Nicely done!
Great article on the origins of spices of Christmas!
#handmadesoap #naturalsoap #indigoearthnews #soapmaking #soapmaking #soaps #artisansoap #bathandbody #cpsoap #coldprocesssoap #etsy #soapbase #soapcrafter #soapmaker #soaping #soapcrafting #soaphandmade #soap #giftidea #christmas #barsoap #handmadesoap #natural #organic #skincare #coldprocess